Welcome to 7th Grade!
Literature Academic Support - Will be held as needed before unit tests and/or for assistance with projects.
GFW = Grammar for Writing
7B Google Classroom Code - 11ujdx9
Week of Feb. 25, 2019
We are currently reading Chasing Lincoln's Killer.
Book Projects due Feb 25, 2019. Students will be presenting their books to the class.
(SEE GOOGLE CLASSROOM FOR HW)
SEE GOOGLE CLASSROOM FOR HOMEWORK
We will be using Google Classroom as a communication tool in the classroom. All 7A students have joined the classroom; most parents have also joined as a Guardian. Please contact Mrs. Finnerty with any additional email address you would like added to Google Classroom for Guardian access.
Materials needed for this subject include a 2" binder where we will keep all of our Literature items. Students will also need the current novel that we are discussing and working on together in class. We will be keeping our Literature textbooks in the classroom.
Vocabulary (included in Literature standards)
Materials needed for this subject include a Vocabulary Workshop textbook and 3x5 notecards for each of our 300 words.
A terrific resource is the online component of Vocabulary Workshop. Students can take a practice quiz, listen to word pronunciation, play vocabulary games, and find graphic organizers. We will keep adding to our word list throughout the school, taking cumulative assessments after every 3 units. By the end of the school year we will have mastered 300 vocabulary words. Please use this resource as a study tool to keep words fresh and an active part of your own speaking and writing vocabulary.
Materials needed for this subject include a composition notebook for Grammar notes, a Grammar for Writing textbook, and a Voyages in English workbook. Students will also need binder paper for writing assignments that are not completed in their Chromebooks.
Lent begins Wednesday, March 6th.
Rice bowls will be handed out by the beginning of Lent.
RICE BOWLS ARE DUE BACK BY FRIDAY, APRIL 5th!
Academic Support: By Appointment from 3:30 - 4:15 pm
7A has class on Friday and Tuesday.
7B has class on Monday and Wednesday.
We are learning about statistics! Topics include making frequency charts and histograms.
Math 7 Excellent:
We are learning about similar figures! Topics include proportions, scale factor, and finding missing measurements.
*Note: if your IXL screen does not show grade levels on the side, seventh grade is level I.
Academic Support for the weeks of May 20 and 27 is Tuesday, Wednesday AND Thursday until 4:00. Pickup will be at the gym doors (note change). You do not have to sign up. I will be expecting students.
Please see Classroom for homework. Class code is bbvp7b
We are in full review mode prepping for the diocesan Algebra Exemption exam and the final. Keep studying.
Greetings 7th Grade Families,
Please check Google Classroom for further updates. This site will be used to provide updates on the content we are learning.
Unit 5 (Sectionalism and Expansion)
In this unit, we are learning how slavery and economic factors led to sectionalism in early America. We also learn about how the Mexican War led to territorial growth, as well as the presidency of Andrew Jackson.
- Unit 5 t-shirt design (students preview the unit by making a t-shirt with themes from the unit)
- Sectionalism timeline sort: Using their interactive notebooks, students will make a foldable timeline of events involving slavery that contributed to the Civil War.
- Trail of Tears: Students will read a letter from a Army private in which he regrets his role in the Trail of Tears under President Jackson.
- Puzzle analysis: students will analyze a 3D puzzle of The White House to learn more about that building's importance to our government
For additional class information, please go to Google Classroom (code x1ivci)
Miracles and Teachings of Jesus
Major Assessment: Miracles Newspaper Project - stay tuned for more details!
See Google Classroom for Assignments, Quiz, and Test Announcements:
Google Classroom Codes: 7D (Acc. Math 7): kozsfd 7CE (Alg. & Math 7): 8l13dy
B I E N V E N I D O S 😊
Academic Support: Wednesdays 3:15-4:15
Please see Google classroom for the homework assignments.
The code for 7 grade Spanish google classroom is: pihqaz
- Grades will be based on:
- Test (45 %)
- Quizzes and Spelling Tests (25%)
- Homework (15 %)
- Class Work and Participation (15%)
- Homework is assigned once a week on Wednesdays and is due the following Monday. It must be completed and turned in by the due date. If a student misses a class, he or she will be responsible for the day’s homework unless there are extenuating circumstances. Exceptions will be granted if a student has an extended absence due to illness.
- Homework information is found on the school website.
- Academic support is for students in middle school who need additional help with Spanish. It is on Wednesdays from 3:15 to 4:15 p.m.