The Extended Day Program is licensed by the State of Virginia and is available daily during the school year. After-school activities include time for play, snack, crafts, and study in a safe and caring environment.
Our goal is to bring opportunities to your children by:
• Encouraging them in their exploration of themselves and the world around them
• Preparing them as the present and future of our world
• Inspiring them to live out their call to holiness
• Creating friendships and memories together here at St. Bernadette.
• We offer both before- and after-school care each day, excluding days when school is not in session.
• Regular day hours are 6:45-7:45am (K-8) and from Dismissal to 6:00pm (PK-8).
• On half days, the afternoon hours are 11:30am-6:00pm (PK-8).
• Parents may register their students for Full-Time or Drop-in Extended Day. Please see the Fee Schedule for more information.
• Fees for Extended Day are added to monthly FACTS tuition statement and paid in the same way as tuition.
• A snack is served each day and includes a variety of fruit, vegetables, crackers, cheese, and popcorn. If children bring their own snack from home, it must be labeled with the child’s name and the date.
• Students may participate in after school activities such as track, choir, band, chess club, drama, brownies and the virtues club.
• We encourage students to work on their homework while at Extended Day so that there is less to do at home.
• Students are encouraged to play outside (weather permitting). Younger students may play on the swings and playground.
• Opportunities for indoor activities include the choice of board games, crafts, puzzles, and blocks.
• Students are expected to show respect for peers and staff and to abide by the rules of the school.
Licensing and Staff
• St. Bernadette Extended Day is Licensed with the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Department of Social Services.
• The Director is assisted by several aides who maintain state-mandated ratios of adults to children for supervision.
• All staff are qualified to provide child care and are cleared through the Diocesan Safe Environment VIRTUS program.
• We follow Fairfax County Inclement Weather closings and delayed openings.
Child Care Aware
St. Bernadette Extended Day accepts Child Care Aware funding for military families. Families must complete an application and have a certificate of acceptance before receiving this service. To find more information about Child Care Aware, click here.
St. Bernadette ID # 9058079