Fun, food, and friendship--these are the things your child will remember from extended day.
Our state-licensed Extended Day begins at 6:45 in the morning and lasts until 6 o’clock in the evening, providing a home away from home for our students until mom and dad get home from work. Extended Day includes: after school snacks, time on the playground, supervised homework, and more play with friends.
Moms and dads can drop their little ones off on their way to work, knowing they will be adequately supervised and generously loved.
Extended Day details
• Care is provided both before- and after-school care each day, excluding days when school is not in session.
• Regular day hours are 6:45 a.m.-7:45 a.m. (K-8) and from Dismissal to 6:00 pm (PK-8).
• On half days, the afternoon hours are 11:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m. (PK-8) and often include theme-based activities.
• Our program follows Fairfax County regarding delays and closings due to inclement weather.
• A snack is served each day and includes a variety of fruit, vegetables, crackers, cheese, and popcorn. If children bring their own snack from home, it must be labeled with the child’s name and the date.
• Students may participate in after school activities and then return to Extended Day to await pick-up.
• Students are encouraged to work on their homework while at Extended Day.
• Students are encouraged to play outside, weather permitting.
• Opportunities for indoor activities include the choice of board games, crafts, puzzles, and blocks.
• The school-wide emphasis on personal growth and how we treat one another continues during the Extended Day program.
Licensing and Staff
• Saint Bernadette Catholic School Extended Day is Licensed with the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Department of Social Services.
• The Director is assisted by several assistants who maintain state-mandated ratios of adults to children for supervision.
• All staff are qualified to provide childcare and are cleared through the Diocesan Safe Environment VIRTUS program.
Child Care Aware and FSA
Saint Bernadette Catholic School Extended Day accepts Child Care Aware funding for military families. Families must complete an application and have a certificate of acceptance before receiving this service. To find more information about Child Care Aware, click here. St. Bernadette ID # 9058079
Childcare can also be paid for using a Flexible Spending Account.